Four of the six second stage Q-School sites will crank up this week.
Second stage sites include:
- Southern Hills Plantation Club (Brooksville, Florida)
- Deerwood Golf Club (Kingwood, Texas)
- Hombre Golf Club (Panama City Beach, Florida)
- Callaway Gardens-Mountain View Course (Pine Mountain, Georgia)
- Oak Valley Golf Club (Beaumont, California Nov. 19-22)
- Lantana Golf Club (Lantana, Texas Nov. 19-22)
Play begins Wednesday at Brooksville, Kingwood, Panama City, and Pine Mountain. The format is stroke play, four rounds, with no cut. Roughly 78 players in each field, with no word yet on how many will get through to third stage from each site.
Huge, huge week for a lot of golfers. Getting to third stage will almost guarantee you some time on the Nationwide Tour next year, even if you finish toward the back of the third stage field.
I’ll post a Q&A with Bryant Odom tomorrow morning (we’re preempting Chip Shots this week) . Odom, who tied for low medalist (-14) at the first stage site, is in the second stage field at Callaway Gardens this week.
Come on back to Game Under Repair for more biased and opinionated coverage of PGA Tour Q School.